Interested in an Erin Condren coupon code? Head to the bottom of this post!
I first discovered the Erin Condren Life Planner when I was telling someone I work with about how I was struggling with what planner to use. Here was my debate:
I considered using a digital calendar solely, mainly because it is just so convenient. I already was putting events in my digital calendar (aka places I had to be at a specific time) mostly because while on the go, there is just nothing easier than pulling out your phone and getting a quick overview of your commitments. Specifically, the feature of reminders on events is irreplaceable. I usually have events alert me about 15 minutes before I need to be ready to leave for an appointment and it really helps the day flow smoothly meaning I’m on time and prepared.
The only problem I continue to run into with the digital option is to-do lists. Seeing my to-do next to my appointments is really essential to getting everything completed. I did a ton of research and tested-out many different to-do list apps (some of which I love and use for other things, like groceries for example), but there is just something about physically writing down to-dos. I seem to remember things better when I write them down and I have a better mental image of my day/week/month which helps significantly in accomplishing it all.
Another digital issue: Not being able to cross things off. For all the planner & list-making obsessed out there, you understand how big of a deal this is. The feeling of crossing something off your list gives a sense of relief and accomplishment satisfaction. If you aren’t one of these people, you will think this is crazy, but I’m sure you know someone in your life who feels this way about list-making too. We’re an organized obsessed breed and proud of it. I even do the thing where you write something down that you already completed for the sole purpose of crossing it off immediately. #feelingaccomplished
Now, I also had tried the giant spiral-notebook sized planner that has the seven block sectioned days to write things out wherever you want. All my writing in these blocks got too messy and unorganized.
Then I decided to try a planner that gave me a new page for each day…that was too much space for me. My main problem: where do tasks that have to get done this week, as oppose to a certain day this week go? I found that each day I was re-writing too much and it was too time consuming. Maybe I am just not busy enough yet to have a whole page for each and every day?
Which is what brought me to the Erin Condren Life Planner. This planner is a little on the expensive side BUT is planning out your life and keeping it organized in a beautiful layout with stickers and your name & design customized on the front worth that price? Oh absolutely. I did a lot of research including reading a few different Erin Condren Life Planner Reviews and basically it was all extremely positive. I decided to give the planner a try. Little did I know I was about to fall in love…
Why I love my Erin Condren Planner:
- Colors. So many planners just have standard white pages with black print. This works great for some people, but I was looking for something more inspiring that included a little design and color. My thought is, if I am going to look at this planner multiple times every single day, I want it to be pretty! Each Erin Condren Life Planner is beautifully and thoughtfully designed with the perfect amount of color and style.
- Stickers. I love how the stickers she provides just pop off the page! I mark important events for the month with a sticker such as birthdays, or important meetings and appointments.
- Layout. The layout of the week has been life changing for me! All seven days of the week have a column and then each day’s column is separated my “morning”, “day”, and “evening”. I love this because I don’t always know the exact time I will complete a task, but I do know I have to do it in the afternoon for example.
- Week overview. Each week has a “goals” and “to do” list area. Goals are where I put things like “Call ___ and check in” or “search for a birthday present for ___”. To do is where I put things like “turn in this form” or “complete this assignment”. I usually think of the to do section as things I have to complete this week whereas the goals section includes things I would preferably like to get done this week.
- Extras. The back of the planner has LOTS of extra lined and blank pages to write down notes, thoughts, ideas, lists, anything! This is what I believe helps it truly be a life planner. If you need to take notes somewhere or maybe make an ongoing list of something, these pages are perfect! Very convenient. The planner also has little quotes all throughout the pages– just a nice little touch that adds to your day.
- Quality. The planner’s front and back are nicely laminated so it can easily handle every day wear-and-tear. The pages are thick enough that even inky colored pens won’t bleed through. (My favorite pens to use are Papermate Flair –lots of color options & they won’t bleed through the page) The spiral is strong and won’t bend when pulling it in and out of your bag, etc. It’s clear that a lot of thought and heart went into every detail and that makes it worth every penny.
- Customization. You can bring your personality to the cover of your planner by choosing your favorite pattern, specific colors for your pattern and even adding your name to it! To customize it even further, you can add a little quote/saying to the front cover underneath your name and/or add a favorite picture to the front or back cover! You can truly make it your own and it’s something you will be proud to carry around and show off!
On top of all of that, the Erin Condren customer service team is so helpful and easy to work with. I once received one of my planners in the mail and realized that it had an error on the cover. I contacted the EC team and they responded immediately and rushed a shipment that fixed the mistake. This made me even more convinced that I will be a customer for life.
Need ideas for cover & color combinations? I suggest looking at the Erin Condren Pinterest Board –FULL of inspiration!
My Erin Condren Life Planner has truly helped me be more organized and efficient every day. I would even go as far to say they have improved my quality of life. Having a place I can rely on to lead me through the day and help me remember everything I need to remember exactly when I need to remember it is life changing! I hope an Erin Condren Life Planner can do the same for you!
Interested in an Erin Condren $10 off Coupon? Create a new account using this coupon link & receive $10 off your first purchase!
Pin this post for later:
All opinions stated in this post are my own and I am not being paid or asked to endorse Erin Condren products.